INSTITUTE OF UN STUDIES
THE INSTITUTE OF UNITED NATIONS STUDIES was established in the year 1969 as Department of Indian Federation of United Nations Associations, under the Chairmanship of Dr. Nagendera Singh, ICS, who was later on elevated to the position of President of the International Court of Justice, The Hague. The institute conducts a six months Correspondence course on United Nations and International Understanding, to impart knowledge about United Nations and its various organs, its structure, organization, aims and ideals as envisaged in UN Charter. On successful completion of the Correspondence Course, Diploma is awarded to successful students. Diploma offered by the Institute is academic certification on the competence in the subject. The course has received high accolade at the national and international forums. The President of World Federation of United Nations Associations has appreciated this Correspondence Course.
1. To impart basic knowledge about United Nations Agencies, Programmes and Commissions.
2. To develop awareness of the aims, objectives and ideals of the United Nations.
3. To simulate people`s participation in its programmes, activities and achievements of the United Nations.
4. To promote research, information, communication and education about the aims and objectives of the Charter of the United Nations and its work.
5. To create interest of youth in United Nations System and its role in establishing world peace and harmony among nations.